Duale lauds US peace initiatives in Horn of Africa

National
By Jacob Ng'etich | Jan 23, 2024

Defence Cabinet Secretary Adan Duale has said that Kenya acknowledges and appreciates the role played by the United States in promoting peace, security and stability in the Horn of Africa and the Great Lakes Region.

Speaking when he hosted the US Africa Command (Africom) Combatant Commander General Michael Langley at the Defence Headquarters, Nairobi, on Tuesday, Duale said the US had invested heavily in peace initiatives to ensure a stable Horn of Africa.

In September last year the CS hosted US Secretary of Defence Lloyd Austin III.

"I express my appreciation for the close working relations between Kenya and the US Africom office on areas of mutual benefit for our two countries among them counter-terrorism, maritime security and peace support operations," he said.

The CS thanked the US Government for support in the construction of Counter Insurgency, Terrorism and Stability Operations Centre and offering the Kenya Defence Forces training opportunities.

He said Kenya looks forward to fostering the strong bond of friendship with the US for the mutual benefit of the citizens.

Duale was accompanied by the Principal Secretary Patrick Mariru, Vice Chief of Defence Forces Lt Gen Jonah Mwangi, among other senior military officers from the US and Kenya.

Share this story
Inside Victor Omune's Ingwe push to fulfil father's dream
When AFC Leopards SC won the KPL trophy in 1998, three-quarters of the current club’s playing unit was not yet born. We are out to break this 28-year-old jinx
Stage set for the final Counties Intermediate Championships
As branches get ready for Counties Intermediate Boxing Championships starting tomorrow, they are ready to stop the dominance of Nairobi in the National Championships next week.
Government steps up sports infrastructure expansion with new Thika Stadium
The national government has stepped up its push to expand sports infrastructure across the country after breaking ground for a modern 10,000-seater stadium in Thika town
Bilbao winger Nico Williams out indefinitely with groin issue
Athletic Bilbao winger Nico Williams is set to miss several weeks with a groin problem and has no fixed return date, a concerning development for Spain ahead of the World Cup.
Enrique dismisses 'noise' around PSG before Monaco Champions League clash
PSG coach Luis Enrique dismissed any suggestions of dressing room disharmony as the reigning European champions prepared to put their continental title on the line
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS