181 over-age candidates sit for KCSE in Meru county
Central
By
Phares Mutembei
| Nov 04, 2024
Interior PS Raymond Omollo during distribution of KCSE exam papers at Kikuyu DCC office on November 4, 2024. [Kimaku Chege, Standard]
Security has been heightened as the 2024 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations kick off across the country.
In Meru county, 181 over-age candidates are sitting for KCSE in five exam centres.
Schools managements and education officials have restricted movement in the centres.
Meru County Commissioner Jacob Ouma and County Education Officer Joseph Maki presided over the distribution of exam materials.
READ MORE
Business confidence falls to 10-year low despite private sector growth
Tribunal upholds Chinese firm's Sh340m tax bill
Hong Ting forum held in Kenya to advance China-Africa modernisation drive
Kakuzi targets US market for avocado exports
NSE: Is it becoming a formal 'casino' with the speculative trading?
Trump tariffs threaten Kenya's Sh72b exports
Keeping E coli disease at by in laying flocks
Jubilee posts record Sh6b profit as gross premiums jump 34pc
A total of 29,148 candidates, 13,907 boys and 15,241 girls, will sit for KCSE in 412 examination centers in the county.
Twelve inmates will sit for the exams in correctional facilities.
And a candidate passed away on Monday morning in Tigania West Sub County.
Two candidates gave birth at a public hospital in Imenti North sub county.
"All relevant security, exam management and other important measures had been taken to protect the integrity of the exams," the County Commissioner said.
Ouma warned education officials against exam irregularities.
"It would be very unfortunate at the end of the year for any school to be cited in a list of shame. I don't like embarrassment. Everyone must play their roles in safeguarding the integrity of the examinations," he told security and education officials.