JSC confirms five petitions filed against 10 judges over Sh3bn land case
National
By
David Njaaga
| Nov 26, 2024
The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) has confirmed receiving five petitions filed on October 11, seeking the removal of 10 judges over a 1992 land case involving Sh3 billion.
The petitions, filed by Kung’u Muigai, allege judicial misconduct in the case, which has been heard in multiple courts, including the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
In a statement, the JSC said it is processing the petitions in strict adherence to the Constitution and the Judicial Service Act.
The Commission pledged to handle the matter impartially and ensure due process is followed.
The JSC also addressed concerns raised by the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) regarding its involvement in the development of the Draft JSC Regulations.
READ MORE
Trump tariffs threaten Kenya's Sh72b exports
Jubilee posts record Sh6b profit as gross premiums jump 34pc
Portland cement issues Sh48m dividend to Treasury, NSSF
IM bank eyes MSME's in quest for Western's market
Kenyan businesses brace for US tariffs impact
New Levies raise a storm at Mombasa Port
Key details on Trump's market-shaking tariffs
Trump imposes 10pc tariffs on Kenyan goods
Lack of written tenant-landlord agreements hampers tax collection
The Commission noted that the LSK, as a constitutional stakeholder, has been actively engaged in the process.
It rejected claims that the LSK had been excluded, detailing its participation in providing feedback and joining a webinar in December 2023.
“We are committed to handling all petitions with integrity, impartiality and in strict adherence to the law,” the JSC said.